Friday night we didn't have any plans.
Nada, zero, zilch.
![]() |
| 6 lbs is SO heavy. But I can do it myself! |
We didn't even tell the kids; we just got in the car and told them we were taking them for a "surprise."
When we pulled into the Dollar Store parking lot, they were not impressed. I was looking for candy corn for Ashlee's Valentine's (did you know candy corn is seasonal? BOO!).
It was the perfect surprise detour.
Luckily, the kids didn't get too down...as Tyler quickly realized we were near the bowling center (not to be confused with an "alley" as my friend, Sam's dad, always taught me!). And the surprise was out.
Ashlee proclaimed: Bowling! I've never been bowling before. Oh, I'm so excited!
She's been bowling. A few times. I was sad she didn't remember.
Tyler nearly beat me bowling. And Ashlee nearly beat Tyler because we were helping her, at times.
(the best part was Ashlee's dance moves. She'd jump up and down as the bowl rolled down the alley, or she'd grace us with a complete dance set. Justin got it on video but it's too large to send)
Justin beat all of us, as is always the case - even though Tyler did try to beat him (that damn competitive streak!).
We had a really fun time.
When we were done, Tyler and I duked it out in Laser Tag. We competed on the "pink team" together against a mom and her two kids (both of whom were older than Tyler but still in elementary school). While their team beat ours, I was the overall winner - in my first time playing!
I had so much fun, I was sweating when we were done. I spent most of the time chasing Tyler, making him giggle as he tried to run away from me. Of course, he was so small, he could dart out of corners quickly. We're definitely going back and doing it again!





No comments:
Post a Comment