Thursday, August 21, 2014
Meet the Teacher
Tonight was back-to-back Meet the Teachers.
These "nights" are always interesting.
Tyler was up first. He has a new teacher so we were interested in learning more about her, her classroom and her expectations for the year.
And she passed with flying colors.
I think we had it rough last year, and I'm looking forward to a "smoother" year this year, or at least that is my hope, at this time.
The best part of the event was looking at "self portraits" and trying to figure out which one was our child. We were sure Tyler did some fibbing on his as we were not able to pick his out - not from the drawing or the writing. We finally just took a guess after everyone else had picked out their child {he somehow forgot he has a sister....hmmm}.
I guess we picked right?!?
He also had this list of the Top 10 things he did this summer.
There may be some made up items on it ... in true typical Tyler fashion.
At Ashlee's .... I don't think we even saw the teachers, Ms. Sandra and Ms. Smita?!? I know she didn't.
She was too busy running around chasing the boys, aka Dexter and Connor. I guess that happens when you've been there since you were 2 1/2.
Ashlee knows the teachers but we do not. Only 2 teachers that Tyler had are still there.
This is our last year at the school that has been our home since Tyler was 2 1/2 - so about 5 years! It will be bittersweet when it's time to leave. I'm hoping to savor each moment.
And, I'm still secretly hoping for time to slow down.....
Labels:
Ashlee,
Ashlee friends,
school,
school-Ashlee,
second grade,
Tyler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment