I finally got the "good" snack for Tyler's class party today. I searched Pinterest for various ideas and then worked together with Tyler to figure out what he wanted to bring. We found a version of the reindeer donuts, and we decided to add our own creations - snowmen and Santas - to the mix to spice up his display.
Of course, as we were making the Santas, the chocolate candies that I planned to use as the hats hardened into a giant brick and we were left with large-eyed snowmen instead.
At least we had a fall-back plan!
I used a plain "eye" kit for the Santas and planned to use candy melts for the hat. All of the pieces were edible. I brought extra donuts so the kids could each have two, but only one decorated.
Ashlee brought pirate's booty again; her choosing.
Since I'm not room mom this year, I didn't have to come up with a gift for the teacher {hooray!}. Ashlee's school collects money and gets the teachers gift cards they actually want/like. That left me with the two Y Care teachers.
Justin and I had decided we wanted to give them movie tickets but those alone are pretty boring, so I added three boxes of movie theatre candy, wrapped up pretty - with a bell, of course - and added a Polar Express ticket.
When Tyler was in kindergarten I had modified some tickets for his teachers, and I still had the file (for when Ashlee is in kindergarten) so I modified it for the 2 teachers, ala personalized gifts!
We dropped them off on the last day before winter break.
1 comment:
These are so cute! Thank you for linking up to Party Time and we hope to see you again next week!
Post a Comment