Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Decking the Halls...
Tyler is now home with me on Wednesdays and Fridays; today was the first day of this new schedule until I go back to work Jan. 21. It's exciting to spend time with my little man; however, it is pretty difficult to take care of 2 kids - one who is totally dependent on me for everything and another who is dependent on me, yet independent, 2, and won't take a nap :) But, as I keep telling myself, these are days I will never get back. I love my children 120 percent and am happy for any "extra" time that I can spend with them (even if Tyler is begging to go to school on the days he's home with me!).
Today, Tyler spent a little time with Uncle Schulzy while I went to the neurologist for my follow up; more details to come. After that, we headed home to start "decking the halls." I'm pretty excited about Christmas this year because 1) I don't have to work; 2) I can decorate the house and actually enjoy it since I'm home to enjoy it; and 3) Tyler is really in the spirit and understands it all this year (let me tell you how much I LOVE saying "Santa is watching you" and actually getting some results as he believes me!).
Tyler enjoyed decorating the Christmas tree...for about 20 seconds. He is in a big "I can't do it" phase, which drives me nuts, so every time he'd try to put on an ornament, it would fall off (this wasn't his fault, we have heavy ornaments) and he'd share his favorite phrase with me. He did manage to get a couple on, which made him very happy ("Mommy D, I did it!"). He ended up leaving the bulk of the work to me as he scrounged through the box looking at everything and trying to get me to put up some of the "ugly" ornaments we have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
+001.jpg)
+002.jpg)
+009.jpg)
+003.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment