Thursday, March 19, 2015

Tried & Approved {or Not} - Part 14

My kids and hubby LOVE brownies. In fact, I think they'd almost enjoy a brownie over a cupcake or a piece of cake  any day?!?

I think it's totally weird, but to each their own.

When we were last at Trader Joe's, I picked up a box of their gluten-free brownie mix as it was on the end cap.

At this point I was pretty partial to the brownies sold by Aldi's, but I figured it didn't hurt to give them a try, even without a pretty picture on the very basic box.

Ashlee and I mixed them up and threw them in the oven {they take awhile to cook and even then I wasn't sure they were cooked all the way}.

They turned out Ok. I suppose they would do if you didn't have an alternative, but they definitely are not the same as the Aldi's brownies we love.

They look like "regular" brownies and have the same consistency if that's what you're going after, but for taste, I prefer Aldi's as I feel that is more "natural."

My family has barely touched these. I think they prefer the others too as those are gone in a day! These are still sitting on my counter at home!

No comments: