Friday, May 11, 2012

Color My World


It's Teacher Appreciation Week. Did you say thank you to a teacher?

This morning, I dropped the kids off with gifts in hand. I wanted to do the daily gifts (Pinterest has SO many ideas), but Justin wasn't down with that. He said 1 thoughtful gift was enough, so here is what I came up with this year (see last year)....

Thank you...for coloring my world

...with my own slight take on the melted crayon art that has taken the web by storm {my kids are the perfect age for this crayon art as their teachers are literally and figuratively coloring their world!}.

I purchased little wooden earths from the wood section at Hobby Lobby to use as my centerpiece then wrapped crayons around it (I painstakenly removed each crayon's wrappers, eh!). Then we took my blow dyer and had some fun melting the crayons.

My two trusty helpers, aka Ashlee and Tyler, even assisted at times, but it took a bit too long for the crayons to melt so they weren't attentive enough for the entire project. But at least they helped and their teachers now have totally unique prints to show off made by some of the student's whose lives they are "coloring."

And, I couldn't let the picture go alone, so I bundled them up with some colorful candy - Skittles, Starburst and rainbow Nerds - and sent them along with a nice tag.

Thank you Mrs. Jennifer and Miss Nicole for coloring Tyler's world...and to Ms. Lakia and Ms. Angelica for coloring Ashlee's world. We are grateful!

No comments: