Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

The "Hurry, I'm getting WET!!" face
Fountains at Crown Center
Mother's Day was a two-day event this year.

With a rare free weekend - aka no baseball or soccer - we decided to check out the new Sea Life Aquarium and Legoland on Saturday, finishing the weekend with "all about mom" festivities on Sunday.

The kids and Justin really treated me like a princess {aside from the usual sibling showndowns}. I am so blessed to be the mother of these two awesome children. And to be married to such a wonderful man, who blessed me with these children.

I'm one lucky mom!

Ashlee made me her first present this year at school - a wooden box she painted green with purple flower and red heart stickers. There was candy inside, which she ate, and a nice homemade card.

She also gave me a cup of weeds flowers that I assume she had grown at school.

Tyler made me a thumbprint keychain out of red Play-doh. It was a perfect representation of his print on my heart.

Then, as if I deserved more, the kids {and J} surprised me with breakfast in bed Sunday {cinnamon rolls} along with a card, a bouquet of orange flowers with a balloon attached and a new purse.

It was a fun way to start the day before we headed out to volunteer at church, followed by fun at the farm (a repeat of last year), lunch at Red Robin and mommy "craft" time. Dinner was McDonalds, selected by Tyler, shortly before he gave me the best gift of the day.

I always find myself doing what the kids want to do on my special days. It seems to mean more to them, so I enjoy sharing it with them.

Thank you for making me feel so special! Now, it's time to plan for daddy's special day!

No comments: