We went school shopping today.
Tyler, Ashlee & I {somehow daddy got out of it}.
He selected his FIRST backpack - a holographic Avengers one, which fits him perfectly as he spent a month (or more) begging us to attend that movie. And after much consideration {Facebook polls, checking with grandma who had seen it and multiple conversations}, Justin broke down and took him.
And he loved it. Just like the backpack {look at that grin!}.
He also picked out a matching lunch box and pencil bag...as mommy, they have to match!
Then we tackled the class supply list.
I don't remember the lists being this complicated when I was little.
Ounces on the glue. White, not purple. Red and yellow folders, no designs. Excessive numbers of items-8 glue sticks!
Wonder if it's a change in time? Economic levels? Pot vs. each-child-keeps-at-desk?
I mean I couldn't even get everything at Target. I'm going to have to hit up Wal-Mart, too!
Of course, Ashlee couldn't be left out of the fun. Although she originally wanted a small Minnie Mouse backpack, she swapped it for a Dora lunchbox. She'll probably never use it as a lunchbox, instead it will be used to carry around their growing collection of Squinkies (another "fad").
Two and a half weeks until school {First we'll have to say good-bye to Ty's preschool}!

1 comment:
I have to admit I still love shopping for school supplies, though I hate that Nick's folders had to be plain this year, too. And you think 8 glue sticks are bad --- Nick needed 10! I bought more because in preschool we had to send more glue, glue stick, colors and markers to school a couple times throughout the year.
Post a Comment