![]() |
| Main decor - the cake/treat table |
I decided this year I was going to make as many items as possible for the party. I thought that would help save money, but I actually think I spent more making things myself....but I don't regret one ounce of it (except, maybe those small candy apples that I saw here and tried to make to go in front of the cakes - BIG fail, as the apples wouldn't stick together, must have purchased the wrong kind (*sad face*)!).
I was utterly and completely blown away by the two cakes! I found the cake maker on my work's "For Sale" bulletin board, and I was NOT disappointed. The cakes truly were the centerpiece of the table (if you're in KC, I have your baker, email me!). Ashlee's "smash cake," aka the little cake in front of the castle, was perfect. It was nice and soft so she could smash her hands in, and it matched the clip art I used for the party perfectly.
Now, let me tell you the other details:
- I made the invitations and the "magic wand" pictures of Ashlee
- I made the banner that hung on the wall. I used my Cricut for the letters but free-handed the other parts (except the crowns, which were printed from the clip art I purchased).
- I made all of the napkin rings that bounded the silverware in black damask napkins (to match the pink damask I used on the invites)
- I made chocolate "magic wand" suckers, using a mold (I purchased those cute pails from the dollar aisle at Target!)
- I purchased the three candies - hot pink gum balls, hot pink Sixlets and black M&Ms - to go with the theme (yeah, Party City!). I added in the Baby Ruths because they were silver, and I didn't have much in that color, plus we have an abundance of them from Halloween.
- Each of the party guests (kids) got a "bling ring" and a candy necklace as their favors because what princess, er prince in Tyler's case, doesn't need a little bling!
- I decorated Ashlee's high chair with pink tulle and ribbon. I purchased the pink backseat cover online (it's so soft and SO worth the money!). A pink princess balloon finished off the look (oh, and her furry, princess hat!)
- As we did at Tyler's first birthday party, there was a frame (matting) for party guests to sign. I mod podged on a crown and placed a black "1" sticker on it so we'll always remember the princess theme. While guests signed the matting, I put the invite and wand in the frame and displayed them with a newborn picture of the princess.
** If you use any of this, please give me credit and note my blog is copyrighted. Please don't steal







3 comments:
You seriously know how to throw a baby girl party (and make all us other mom's feel inadequate). :) It was all wonderfully done Kati!
Nah, you should never feel inadequate. I bet you throw killer boy parties....now, when you have a girl, I have lots you can borrow :)
OMG, it's so sweet it ALMOST makes me want to try again for a little girl. Wait, wait....let me stop laughing there...okay, better.
You did a beautiful job!
I linked up some very boyish parties on Bird Craft. Come have a look!
Post a Comment